EDU2688 Online Education II
This is a major course in teaching English (as well as other subjects) online as described above. This helps the students in the preparations needed to be able to effectively teach English online. The principles learned in this course can also be applied to teaching other languages as well as other lessons online as long as they have the required specialization on the particular subject they want to teach.
The students will initially learn to create their online lessons. They will base their courses on the standard or traditional teaching courses that they have learned earlier and may also develop their own lessons and courses. Midway through this course will be hands-on online teaching. This will ensure that the candidate student will become fully competent online teacher upon completion of this course.
The class will equip the students to become competent online teachers. As they participate in actual, hand-on online teaching, they will learn to apply the lessons they have taken up in their previous classes in this course thread or series. They will face the real challenges of teaching online, and also benefit from the satisfaction and rewards of doing so. By the end of the course all students should:
- Be able to search for potential online students.
- Have learned the ways to create their online lessons and be ready to teach any online lessons.
- Have experienced firsthand the challenges of online teaching and able to properly handle them.
- Understand how to develop their lessons in ways that they can impart knowledge and wisdom to students who are miles away.
- Learn humbleness in accepting how other people perceive things and be able to focus on their teaching.
- See the importance of proper decorum, dress and grooming as well as professional etiquette even when they are at home while teaching online.
- Be able to help others who also want to teach their expertise online.
“A CLC award signifies that the student has attained the knowledge, (through either prior education or experience), equal to or greater than the student would have learned in a traditional college course.”
“Based upon your CLC award, physical classroom attendance is not required; however, you will be required to successfully pass a final exam for each course.”
Based upon your HESEAP Application, you have received full-CLC for this course; therefore, this is a test-out course which does not include traditional education on the subject.
USILACS wants to help you succeed. If you feel you need a little knowledge refresher or want to expand your knowledge on this subject, we recommend that you consider reviewing some of the vast online education resources and search topics below.
Thousands of FREE Online College Courses:
Search Topics: Publications/Videos/Papers
(The majority of the exam questions for this course are based upon information contained in the below search topics)
- Implementation Strategies for Blended and Online Learning by John Bailey, Carri Schneider, and Tom Vander Ark; Digital Learning Now
- Why You Need Cultural Intelligence (And How To Develop It)
- 9 Ways Online Teaching Should Be Different From Face-To-Face
- 321 Free Tools For Teachers - Free Educational Technology
- (2012) Leading with Cultural Intelligence. Mai Moua, Leadership Paradigms, Inc.
- (2008) Education for a Digital World. Hirtz, Sandy and Harper, David G.
- What is Acquire, Build, Contemplate, and Do? By Panababu
- (2020) Top 7 Free Online Video Tools For Teachers To Create Videos In Minutes