SOC2274 Charitable Services II
More than 150 billionaires have signed the giving pledge, a pledge to give at least half their wealth to charitable or philanthropic causes. This demonstrates that many people have a desire to give back to society and try to improve the lives of others. What is involved in starting a charity?
This course will examine the legal challenges that need to be addressed in planning a charitable organization. It will detail the organizational structure and planning process involved in creating a charity. It will analyze case studies of successful charities and discuss ways to promote giving. This will help students decide the best way to focus their personal charitable activities.
SOC2274 will detail charitable organizational structures. It will help the student understand the framework of a charitable organization, what legal matters need to be resolved and stimulate discussion on ways to give back to society. At the end of this course the student will understand:
- The organizational structure of a charity
- The legal requirements for starting and running a charity
- Which leadership style is most effective
- How to motivate people to support a charitable cause
- How to analyze case studies of current charitable organizations
- How to evaluate charitable organizations before donating
- How to volunteer and give back to the community
“A CLC award signifies that the student has attained the knowledge, (through either prior education or experience), equal to or greater than the student would have learned in a traditional college course.”
“Based upon your CLC award, physical classroom attendance is not required; however, you will be required to successfully pass a final exam for each course.”
Based upon your HESEAP Application, you have received full-CLC for this course; therefore, this is a test-out course which does not include traditional education on the subject.
USILACS wants to help you succeed. If you feel you need a little knowledge refresher or want to expand your knowledge on this subject, we recommend that you consider reviewing some of the vast online education resources and search topics below.
Thousands of FREE Online College Courses:
Search Topics: Publications/Videos/Papers
(The majority of the exam questions for this course are based upon information contained in the below search topics)
- (2020) How to Create a Memorable Nonprofit Name
- (2018) Charitable Organization
- (2018) Wikipedia. Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- (2017) The Balance. A Business Plan Can Help Make Your Nonprofit Successful
- (2017) The Balance. 7 Steps to Starting a Successful Nonprofit
- (2017) The Balance. The History and Types of Foundations