Many experts agree that giving adds to personal happiness. That is why people have dumped buckets of ice water on their heads, donated their time to build houses, or volunteered their money to worthwhile causes.
In this course, we will discuss the history of charitable giving. We will examine notable individuals throughout history who are known for their contributions to others. We will see how charities are being used today to do good. Students will learn how they can donate their time, money or other valuable resources to worthwhile effect.
Charitable Services, Intro is an overview of charitable organizations. It differentiates charities from other non-profit organizations. It analyzes the reasons people engage in charitable giving and explores the many avenues available to do so. By the end of this course the student will:
- Understand some of the history of charitable giving
- Discuss the principles behind charitable giving
- Learn how to develop a culture of giving
- Be able to differentiate between charitable organizations and other non-profit organizations
- Analyze the effectiveness of charities in accomplishing their stated goals
- Discuss the impact charitable organizations have on society
- Explore ways to engage in charitable giving
“A CLC award signifies that the student has attained the knowledge, (through either prior education or experience), equal to or greater than the student would have learned in a traditional college course.”
“Based upon your CLC award, physical classroom attendance is not required; however, you will be required to successfully pass a final exam for each course.”
Based upon your HESEAP Application, you have received full-CLC for this course; therefore, this is a test-out course which does not include traditional education on the subject.
USILACS wants to help you succeed. If you feel you need a little knowledge refresher or want to expand your knowledge on this subject, we recommend that you consider reviewing some of the vast online education resources and search topics below.
Thousands of FREE Online College Courses:
Search Topics: Publications/Videos/Papers
(The majority of the exam questions for this course are based upon information contained in the below search topics)
- (2018) Charitable Organization.
- (2018) Wikipedia. Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
- (2018) JW Donations - Rewards Program.
- (2017) The Balance. A Business Plan Can Help Make Your Nonprofit Successful
- (2017) The Balance. 7 Steps to Starting a Successful Nonprofit.
- (2017) The Balance. The History and Types of Foundations.