PSY2082 Child Psychology II
This course will heighten the perception of development throughout a person’s lifespan. A perusal of conditions and maladies common in children will be studied. This course delineates the behaviors demonstrated by children which can indicate a disorder of some sort. Treatments for the behaviors and disorders will be considered.
You will expand awareness about children with exceptionalities. Inclusive educational practices for children with disabilities will be investigated. You will acquire techniques to support an effective classroom while including students with special needs. Escalating your comprehension and cognizance of various disorders common to children will be probed.
This course will aid the student in identifying a possible problem with a child by informing the student to signs common to various disabilities. Implementing intervention strategies that will benefit the child as well as the entire classroom will be achieved. The student will master an awareness of the stages of development typical at various ages. By the end of this course, all students should:
- Become conversant with common disorders and exceptionalities
- Discover community resources and referrals for children and families
- Deliberate and be equipped to execute intervention strategies
- Craft or refashion the surroundings for the child
- Institute and preserve positive relationships with the family
- Comprehend how to partake in effective planning for inclusive classrooms
- Understand the traits of exceptional children
“A CLC award signifies that the student has attained the knowledge, (through either prior education or experience), equal to or greater than the student would have learned in a traditional college course.”
“Based upon your CLC award, physical classroom attendance is not required; however, you will be required to successfully pass a final exam for each course.”
Based upon your HESEAP Application, you have received full-CLC for this course; therefore, this is a test-out course which does not include traditional education on the subject.
USILACS wants to help you succeed. If you feel you need a little knowledge refresher or want to expand your knowledge on this subject, we recommend that you consider reviewing some of the vast online education resources and search topics below.
Thousands of FREE Online College Courses:
Search Topics: Publications/Videos/Papers
(The majority of the exam questions for this course are based upon information contained in the below search topics)
- (2014) Improving early child development with words: Dr. Brenda Fitzgerald at TEDxAtlanta. (Video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8qc8Aa3weE
- Intro to Neurodevelopment Disorders https://www.khanacademy.org/science/health-and-medicine/mental-health/neurodevelopmental-disorders/v/intro-to-neurodevelopment-milestones
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders: Sufficient and Necessary Causes https://www.khanacademy.org/science/health-and-medicine/mental-health/neurodevelopmental-disorders/v/neurodevelopmental-disorders-sufficient-and-necessary-causes
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders: What is autism spectrum disorder? https://www.khanacademy.org/science/health-and-medicine/mental-health/neurodevelopmental-disorders/v/what-is-autism-spectrum-disorder
- Neurodevelopmental Disorders: What is Tourette’s? https://www.khanacademy.org/science/health-and-medicine/mental-health/neurodevelopmental-disorders/v/what-is-tourettes
- (2008) Forms and Causes of Childhood Disorders. Andrea Barkoukis, M.A., Natalie Staats Reiss, Ph.D., and Mark Dombeck, Ph.D. https://www.mentalhelp.net/articles/forms-and-causes-of-childhood-disorders/
- (2008) Treatment of Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Andrea Barkoukis, M.A., Natalie Staats Reiss, Ph.D., and Mark Dombeck, Ph.D. https://www.mentalhelp.net/articles/treatment-of-oppositional-defiant-disorder/
Please note: USILACS is not the source of these links. Therefore we do not have control over the accessibility of the links. You may find that some links are no longer active. We therefore encourage you to copy and paste the title into Google or YouTube to find an alternative source. You are also welcome to email our academic team at email@example.com for assistance or to inform them of an inactive link so we can replace it with a new one.
Sometimes the links may invite you to download reference material into a PDF. Although we have been diligent in finding safe sources of information, we encourage you to be diligent in ensuring a download is safe on your device.
Although we are providing comprehensive study material, if you feel you require more, please copy and paste the topics and titles into Google and YouTube.
Tips for success
Remember, these exams are all open textbook. Meaning, you can keep your reference material open in other tabs to refer back to during your exam.
Some of the reference materials are large, extensive books with hundreds of pages. If you have a question on your exam that you want to find the answer to within the book, here’s a quick way of doing so:
Choose a keyword or phrase from the exam question. Go to the reference material. Press ‘Ctrl’ + ‘F’ on your keyboard. This will bring up a search bar. Type your keyword or phrase into the search bar and click search. This will show you all the locations that they appear in the reference material.