EDU4148 Education Advanced
This course will afford the student a comprehensive array of methodology for teaching. Time will be expended on researching how children (people) absorb information. It is imperative to realize that each student is distinctive and similar techniques can not be proactive for all students. Teachers who learn to govern the classroom well have more occasion for constructive learning, therefore this course presents some methods to keep interferences to a minimum.
You will inspect many diverse approaches teachers utilize to convey knowledge. You will begin to establish the teaching method that suits you best. Adapting to the needs of your students is crucial. You will scrutinize at least eight distinctive ways that individuals learn. With this knowledge, you will be in an enhanced position to be adjustable for your students.
This course spotlights the pedagogy of this field. Inspections of several methods of teaching will be analyzed. Each student carries with them a unique brain and proficiency. This can make teaching a lesson very challenging. As a teacher you want to make sure you are helping each distinctive student to the best of your ability. This course will promote that goal. By the end of this course, all students should:
- Cultivate a comprehensive knowledge of an assortment of teaching methods
- Expand procedures to oversee the behavior of a group of students
- Appreciate that all people learn in their own unique ways
- Become skillful at being flexible with your lessons in order to reach all students
- Recognize that you may need to move outside of your comfort zone to accommodate the needs of your students
- Have observed classrooms in session
- Have opportunity to participate and teach in a classroom
“A CLC award signifies that the student has attained the knowledge, (through either prior education or experience), equal to or greater than the student would have learned in a traditional college course.”
“Based upon your CLC award, physical classroom attendance is not required; however, you will be required to successfully pass a final exam for each course.”
Based upon your HESEAP Application, you have received full-CLC for this course; therefore, this is a test-out course which does not include traditional education on the subject.
USILACS wants to help you succeed. If you feel you need a little knowledge refresher or want to expand your knowledge on this subject, we recommend that you consider reviewing some of the vast online education resources and search topics below.
Thousands of FREE Online College Courses:
Search Topics: Publications/Videos/Papers
(The majority of the exam questions for this course are based upon information contained in the below search topics)
- (2017) The Science of Teaching and Effective Education. Sprouts. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVLTxKyxioA&t=0s&list=PLsa2tOFEDwvMkNrkGoXbz46lyjhfrEQ2U&index=6
- (2017) Learning Styles & Multiple Intelligences: Theory Integration. Teachings in Education. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVg9n0l0Gf0&index=11&t=24s&list=PLsa2tOFEDwvMkNrkGoXbz46lyjhfrEQ2U
- (2016) Instructional Strategies -- The Ten Plus Two Teaching Method. Let's teach. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2udPWz_3vg&t=0s&index=12&list=PLsa2tOFEDwvMkNrkGoXbz46lyjhfrEQ2U
- (2014) Teach for Mastery Learning. Sprouts. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3EaJLGD7Z8&t=42s
- (2013) How to get students ready for learning? Edutopia. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-O8t__3Vu9I&index=18&list=PLsa2tOFEDwvMkNrkGoXbz46lyjhfrEQ2U&t=152s
Please note: USILACS is not the source of the following links. Therefore we do not have control over the accessibility of these links. You may find that some links are no longer active. We therefore encourage you to copy and paste the title into Google or YouTube to find an alternative source. You are also welcome to email our academic team at email@example.com for assistance or to inform them of an inactive link so we can replace it with a new one.
Sometimes the links may invite you to download reference material into a PDF. Although we have been diligent in finding safe sources of information, we encourage you to be diligent in ensuring a download is safe on your device.
Although we are providing comprehensive study material, if you feel you require more, please copy and paste the topics and titles into Google and YouTube.
Tips for success
Remember, these exams are all open textbook. Meaning, you can keep your reference material open in other tabs to refer back to during your exam.
Some of the reference materials are large, extensive books with hundreds of pages. If you have a question on your exam that you want to find the answer to within the book, here’s a quick way of doing so:
Choose a keyword or phrase from the exam question. Go to the reference material. Press ‘Ctrl’ + ‘F’ on your keyboard. This will bring up a search bar. Type your keyword or phrase into the search bar and click search. This will show you all the locations that they appear in the reference material.