EDU1358 Class Management
This course expounds best practices in classroom and behavior management. Topics such as, organizing time, materials, and classroom space will be considered. Approaches for managing individual and large group student behaviors, transitions, and other arrangements for classrooms will be gained. The methods acquired in this course will train the student to employ the techniques in a varied assortment of educational atmospheres. The objective is to fashion safe, encouraging, and effective learning environments.
Overseeing a classroom involves an extensive range of tasks, this program will help you to be able to coordinate and supervise the classroom more competently. You will learn how to establish yourself as the authority figure and at the same time foster good, beneficial relationships with your students.
Students will grow a knowledge of the fundamental principles of human behavior. This course delivers training on how to apply those principles to teaching. The aspiration is to encourage effective school and classroom management. Students will acquire the knowledge in order to provide an effective learning environment for children of all ages. By the end of this course, all students should:
- Arrange the classroom and equipment for optimum behavior
- Institute rules and procedures to reduce problem behaviors
- Establish a positive environment for learning
- Implement friendship and social skill building strategies
- Develop and direct instruction to prevent management problems
- Communicate successfully with students and caregivers
- Utilize observational skills and functional behavior assessment techniques to evaluate problem behavior and establish proper mediations
“A CLC award signifies that the student has attained the knowledge, (through either prior education or experience), equal to or greater than the student would have learned in a traditional college course.”
“Based upon your CLC award, physical classroom attendance is not required; however, you will be required to successfully pass a final exam for each course.”
Based upon your HESEAP Application, you have received full-CLC for this course; therefore, this is a test-out course which does not include traditional education on the subject.
USILACS wants to help you succeed. If you feel you need a little knowledge refresher or want to expand your knowledge on this subject, we recommend that you consider reviewing some of the vast online education resources and search topics below.
Thousands of FREE Online College Courses:
Search Topics: Publications/Videos/Papers
(The majority of the exam questions for this course are based upon information contained in the below search topics)
- (2015) Effective Classroom Seating Arrangements: Displays 2 Go
- (2013) 7 Tips for Better Classroom Management. Tyley Hester
- (2013) Classroom Management Strategies to take Control of Noisy Students. Rob Plevin
- (2012) Classroom Management. Wikipedia
- (2009) Smart Classroom Management. Michael Linsin