BUS1991 Human Resources
The most important asset in a company isn’t it’s buildings, equipment, products or cash reserves. A company’s most valuable resource is its people. Human Resource Management taps into this resource and organizes and directs people in order to benefit a company.
In this course, the student will gain an overview of Human Resources. They will learn the skills needed of a HR professional. They will discuss some of the challenges faced by HR professionals and the strategies that can be used to overcome them.
Human Resources II will familiarize the student with the general practice and function of Human Resources in a company. It will detail the expertise needed in order to qualify as an HR professional and allow students to analyze human resource-related issues with a goal of resolving conflict. By the end of this course the student will understand:
- The overall function and responsibilities of Human Resources
- The role of human resources in recruitment
- How human resources is involved in evaluating and assessing employees
- How to develop a training program
- The role of human resources in health and safety, managing diversity and labor relations
- The qualities and skills needed by an HR professional
- The challenges faced in human resources and how they can be resolved
“A CLC award signifies that the student has attained the knowledge, (through either prior education or experience), equal to or greater than the student would have learned in a traditional college course.”
“Based upon your CLC award, physical classroom attendance is not required; however, you will be required to successfully pass a final exam for each course.”
Based upon your HESEAP Application, you have received full-CLC for this course; therefore, this is a test-out course which does not include traditional education on the subject.
USILACS wants to help you succeed. If you feel you need a little knowledge refresher or want to expand your knowledge on this subject, we recommend that you consider reviewing some of the vast online education resources and search topics below.
Thousands of FREE Online College Courses:
Search Topics: Publications/Videos/Papers
(The majority of the exam questions for this course are based upon information contained in the below search topics)
- (2018) Human Resource Management. Wikipedia The Free Encyclopedia.
- (2017) Is Human Resource Management the right career for you? by Shad Morris
- (2016) Human Resource Management. University of Minnesota Libraries Publishing (Online)
- What is Human Resources? (pg. 5,9)
- Skills Needed for HRM (pg. 11,13-14)
- Today’s HRM Challenges (pg.17,19)
- 1 Strategic Planning (pg. 31,33,36 -39)
- 2 Writing the HRM Plan (pg. 42, 44-47)
- 4 Cases and Problems (pg. 51)
- 1 Diversity and Multiculturalism (pg. 57-59)
- 2 Diversity Plans (pg. 63-66)
- 3 Multiculturalism and the Law (pg. 74)
- 1 The Recruitment Process (pg. 82-84)
- (2016) An Animated Introduction to the Key HR Functions by John W. Budd
- (2015) English for Human Resources: VV43-HR Management (1) by Business English Pod
- (2014) Episode 159: Introduction to Human Resource Management by Alanis Business Academy