People can accomplish so much more if they combine their efforts. An Organization is a group of people who work together to achieve a goal, finish a project, or start a business. Management is the process of organizing and coordinating the activities of an organization. Businesses today need skilled managers in order to thrive and grow. This course will teach the basic skills and qualities needed in order to become an effective manager.
The student will learn the foundation principles of organizations. They will distinguish the individual components of a company and see how they interconnect. This will enable the student to understand the proper role of a manager in a company.
Management, Intro will explain what managers do and what their basic purpose and function is. It will summarize the basic concept of an Organization. It will examine the principles, processes, and skills needed by managers. By the end of this course, the students should have a basic knowledge of:
- What an organization is
- The definition of a manager
- Fundamental designs of organizations
- Key management principles
- The relationship between an organization’s mission goal and management
- How a manager implements organizational processes and practices
- Key skills needed for good management
“A CLC award signifies that the student has attained the knowledge, (through either prior education or experience), equal to or greater than the student would have learned in a traditional college course.”
“Based upon your CLC award, physical classroom attendance is not required; however, you will be required to successfully pass a final exam for each course.”
Based upon your HESEAP Application, you have received full-CLC for this course; therefore, this is a test-out course which does not include traditional education on the subject.
USILACS wants to help you succeed. If you feel you need a little knowledge refresher or want to expand your knowledge on this subject, we recommend that you consider reviewing some of the vast online education resources and search topics below.
Thousands of FREE Online College Courses:
Search Topics: Publications/Videos/Papers
(The majority of the exam questions for this course are based upon information contained in the below search topics)
- (2017) Project Management Versus People Management. Michael Roberts
- The Balance pg. 10-27 (Online)
- (2012) Management Principles (v. 1.0), Mason Carpenter, Talya Bauer, Berrin Erdogan.
- Chapter 1 Introduction to the Principles of Management