In today’s workplace, marketing gets the lion’s share of attention, but the best product or service is worthless unless you can convince someone to buy it. Marketing gets a product noticed, but good salesmanship seals the deal. This course will equip students with the fundamentals of good salesmanship.
The Student will learn what to do before, during and after a sale. They will explore how to generate and develop sales leads and how to meet the needs of the customer while pursuing the objectives of the company. This course will allow students to succeed in a competitive marketplace.
Sales, Intro will focus on the basics of good salesmanship. It is designed to equip a student with practical, hands-on strategies to sell effectively. It will discuss the relationship between sales and marketing and how to generate specific interest in a product or service. It will also touch on the basics of ethical salesmanship and highlight specific sales strategies. By the end of this course all students should:
- Understand the distinction between sales and marketing
- Identify the basic cornerstones of ethical salesmanship
- Learn the basics of a good sales pitch and how to sell yourself
- Learn strategies for developing leads
- Understand the role of good communication in sales
- Understand how to analyze consumer behavior
- Explore ways to anticipate consumer needs
“A CLC award signifies that the student has attained the knowledge, (through either prior education or experience), equal to or greater than the student would have learned in a traditional college course.”
“Based upon your CLC award, physical classroom attendance is not required; however, you will be required to successfully pass a final exam for each course.”
Based upon your HESEAP Application, you have received full-CLC for this course; therefore, this is a test-out course which does not include traditional education on the subject.
USILACS wants to help you succeed. If you feel you need a little knowledge refresher or want to expand your knowledge on this subject, we recommend that you consider reviewing some of the vast online education resources and search topics below.
Thousands of FREE Online College Courses:
Search Topics: Publications/Videos/Papers
(The majority of the exam questions for this course are based upon information contained in the below search topics)
- (2017) Sales techniques and negotiations. Atom Small Business Experts. Marketing Donut.
- (2016) What is the difference between marketing and sales? Laura Lake, The Balance
- (2012) 10 Ways to Convert More Customers. Gregory Ciotti. Help Scout.
- (2010) 5 Characteristics of Successful Salespeople. Canadian Professional Sales Association (CPSA).
- (2008) Reciprocity: The Golden Rule Applied to Customers Martha Rogers, Ph.D. The Water Cooler